Hi, I’m Sarah.
My current main focus is that I want to travel. A lot.
I’ve had a rather fortunate 25 years in that I have been able to have a few amazing traveling experiences. I’ve been able to spend time in Chicago, New Orleans, Syracuse, San Francisco, Savannah, and various other U.S. cities. My parents and I have almost always gone on a family vacation from the time I was old enough. I always looked forward to summer vacations because of that. I grew up in rural Kentucky and lived there for most of my life.
I’ve spent a summer (2007) living in Taichung, Taiwan
and a summer (2008) living in Los Angeles, CA during my college years.
For the past two and a half years (2009-2012), I’ve made my home in Charleston, South Carolina.
Moving to Charleston was originally part of my career plan, in which, I would get a MS in marine biology. That was until I decided I didn’t want to do research. I ended up leaving the program without a degree…nor any regrets for having tried.
Ever since the summer of Taiwan, I have been dying to travel more. I guess you could say I’ve got itchy feet; I can’t seem to be content by staying in one place for too long. Not when there’s so much of the world to see! The way I will begin to see what else is out there in the big wide world is to experience Europe by way of Prague, Czech Republic. I’ll be heading over to take a month long TEFL certification and then staying there for a year or so to teach English to non-native speakers. I hope to travel around other European countries while I’m there too. Then, I’d like to return to Taiwan again. After that, who knows!
Some other things you should know about me:
- I’m an only child AND I’m not spoiled. (I have sources if you need some verification on that).
- I’m a huge dork/nerd/geek and proud of it. I like science. I actually enjoyed school…quite a lot, just for the sheer fun of learning new things.
- I wish I was British. I’m a huge Anglophile and have been since I was a teenager. I could probably tell you every fact you ever wanted (or didn’t want) to know about the Beatles. I tend to read books that are either by British authors or have stories centered around that culture. I also watch copious amounts of British television, namely, Doctor Who, Merlin, Sherlock, and anything else I can get my hands on.
- I have an imagination and therefore must fuel it with the sci-fi/fantasy genres in entertainment. I dislike “chick-flicks” for the most part.
- I am quite fond of crafting. I’m a decent at crocheting and I need to practice my knitting. I also love to paint. I will post about this, WITH PICTURES!!!
- I’m a Christian and I love Jesus. This tends to spill over in my writing at times.